1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The cosmetic products are beauty or care products belonging to 5 main categories:
- toiletries (soaps, shower gels, deodorants, toothpaste, etc.),
- skin care (creams, lotions...),
- hair care (shampoos, masks, dyes, oils...),
- make-up (powders, foundations, lipsticks, eyeshadows...),
- fragrances and perfumes (eau de toilette, perfumes...)
He there are several grey areas regarding the use of the term "organic" terminology, consumers often confuse natural products with organic products . The main criteria for being "organic" include the absence of certain potentially harmful chemicals ( parabens, phthalates, aluminium salts, petrochemicals, etc.) or the presence of at least 90% organic ingredients (this percentage may vary) These products are certified by various private labels (and not the European label which only concerns food products) which ensure that these products respect several criteria
The the world market is booming The big cosmetic groups such as L'Oréal are increasingly proposing organic products, or even brands. Organic" is a way to renew certain product ranges and gain consumer confidence. The trust is indeed key to gain market shares, hence the multiplication of different labels or the marketing of independent brands in specific distribution channels such as specialty retailers. It should also include the success of the online sale This is a real growth driver for small and large players alike
In Belgium, the cosmetics sales fell by more than 4% between 2018 and 2019 in value terms However, the "organic" segment is still growing. The organic segment is perceived by the players as an interesting growth relay in a rather mature market. Among the main players, the major cosmetics groups such as L'Oréal , Clarins or even Yves Rocher compete with various Belgian brands specialising in the organic segment
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The organic cosmetics market - France
Publicado en 29/12/2021 by Laurent Chatellier - sam services