1.1 Presentation and definition of the soft drink market
Soft drinks include all gaseous and non-alcoholic drinks (max 1%). They are preserved by sugar, carbon dioxide or pasteurization. The soft drinks market is therefore a sub-segment of the beverage industry, and includes a large number of product categories, among the most popular:
- Fruit juices
- Carbonated drinks
- Iced teas
Historically, this type of beverage appeared in 1832 when John Matthews developed a machine to mix water, gas, and flavourings together. Dr Pepper is the oldest soft drink brand still on sale today, since it was created in 1885 (although it was very quickly followed by Coca Cola, then Pepsi).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The soft drink market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages