The sugar market concerns all activities related to the sugar processing for industrial food products but also the marketing of the sugar in its pure form .
The French sugar market is a major market in Europe as France is positioned at the rank of europe's leading sugar producer and to 8th largest producer in the world with more than two dozen processing plants in the country. The production is globalized on the sector since 119 countries produce sugar either through sugar cane or beet.
However, few players exist on the French market where the barriers to entry are significant . Indeed, the volumes treated must be substantial in order to make the very substantial investments necessary to operate sugar cane or beet fields profitable. On the European market, four groups control nearly 2/3 of the production This shows the significant concentration of the market.
The market being highly concentrated there have been no recent significant transactions on the market. Indeed, the actors present are very powerful and well established historically.
The international sugar market is based on fairly complex international agreements including quotas and tariffs . The latter are relatively fixed over time and therefore constitute a barrier to dissuasive entry for possible new entrants. From the environmental issues are also weighing on the sector, particularly in view of the rise of biofuels. However, as a consumer product, sugar does not suffer from any particular media cabal, apart from the recurrent one of raising customers' awareness of excessive consumption.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The sugar market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages