1.1 Definition and presentation
Bottled water is drinking water – either natural or purified – packaged inside plastic or glass bottles. The bottled water market refers to production and consumption of:
- spring water
- sparkling water
- water made mineral by treatment
The Global Market amounted to 17 million tons in 2018; from 2011 to 2018, the market for plastic bottles grew by CAGR 2.3%. This growth is attributable to the packaging- and cost-efficiency of plastic compared to other raw materials such as glass. In the U.K. 7.7 billion plastic bottles are used every year; that’s equivalent to more than three a week. [Water]
Five brands are collectively responsible for 30% of sales; these include Highland Spring, Evian, Buxton, Nestlé Pure Life and Volvic. The market is fragmented but concentration of the top players remains high. [packagingnews]
Trends in this market include kid friendly bottles, dual usage, and sustainability. The first phenomenon refers to bottles which include cartoon characters on the labelling; this attracts the attention of kids. Secondly, dual usage bottles, for example a bottle which can be converted into a wine glass, appeal to customers due to the convenience. Finally, plastic bottles using for example elements of paper appeal more to consumers in times when concerns over plastic’s environmental impact are rising. [Chron]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
Tailor-made report pack (uk) - United Kingdom
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
5 reports pack (-15%) UK - United Kingdom
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our UK catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The bottled water market - France
Publicado en 05/10/2022 by Inès Duffort
Excellente étude, bien sourcée et structurée. Cela m'a beaucoup aidée dans ma recherche.
Merci Inès pour votre retour! Nous sommes heureux d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes.