the bottled water market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Bottled water is drinking water – either natural or purified – packaged inside plastic or glass bottles. The bottled water market refers to production and consumption of:
- spring water
- sparkling water
- water made mineral by treatment
The Global Market amounted to 17 million tons in 2018; from 2011 to 2018, the market for plastic bottles grew by CAGR 2.3%. This growth is attributable to the packaging- and cost-efficiency of plastic compared to other raw materials such as glass. The US market has the largest global market share; the CAGR is estimated at 4.61% between 2020-2025.
Bottled water is considered a consumer food product by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which has strict standards of identification for bottled water. Nevertheless, the market remains competitive. Players such as Alpha Packaging, Consolidated Container Company, Amcor Limited, and Berry Global Group stand amongst the key players.
Trends in this market include kid friendly bottles, dual usage, and sustainability. The first phenomenon refers to bottles which include cartoon characters on the labelling; this attracts the attention of kids. Secondly, dual usage bottles, for example a bottle which can be converted into a wine glass, appeal to customers due to the convenience. Finally, plastic bottles using for example elements of paper appeal more to consumers in times when concerns over plastic’s environmental impact are rising. [Chron]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months