1.1 Definition and scope of study
Globally, the facts are alarming: more than 2 billion people live in countries with high water stress, and nearly 700 million people worldwide could be displaced by water scarcity by 2030. In the face of this global water stress, seawater desalination plants are an excellent alternative, already widely exploited in some countries, particularly those in the Gulf.
On a national scale, groundwater and surface water reserves are still sufficient to water the French population over the year, although some regions may fall below the water stress threshold declared by the UN. Thus, some desalination units have been set up, and others are planned, particularly in the Vendée region. Nevertheless, the costs associated with these plants make the water produced much more expensive, and these plants are therefore only used during peak periods.
On the other hand, French expertise on these seawater desalination issues is widely recognized worldwide, thanks in particular to two French market leaders. Other young French companies offer innovative technologies and have already demonstrated their know-how abroad.
Prospects in this market are therefore very optimistic, with the sole exception of environmental considerations, since freshwater production by desalination is very energy-intensive on the one hand, and discharges large quantities of brine and other chemical waste that can disturb the local marine ecosystem on the other.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Tailor-made report pack - France
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 14/11/2022 by BS Conseil - BS Conseil
Merci pour votre retour :)
The heat pump market - France
Publicado en 26/09/2022 by Matthieu Boussard - Stryber
Etude parfaite pour une vue d'ensemble du marché avec un très bon rapport qualité-prix.
Merci beaucoup Matthieu pour votre avis. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes!