the crisps market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Crisps are believed to have been born in the United States at the end of the 19th century and have now become one of the best-selling products in mass distribution. Crips are a sub-segment of the snacking market, largely dominated by the United States.
There are different types of crisps:
- Natural crisps (thin, flat, tile, etc.)
- Flavored crisps (for example: barbecue, cheese, onions, vinegar)
- Vegetables crisps (e.g. based on radishes, parsnips, carrots, beets, etc.)
The global Crisp market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% between 2019 to 2024. Demand is driven in part by a rising middle class in Emerging Markets copying food trends from Developed Economies. In the UK, the Potato Crisp & Snack market grew by 4% annually between 2015 to 2020.
The UK crisp market is highly fragmented; there are a wide range of brands available. Nevertheless, more known brands are still preferred to consumers. Thus, the industries spending on advertisement has been crucial. [AHDB] The three largest companies are McCain Foods, KP Snacks, and Walkers Snack.
Demand is strongly driven by healthy alternatives to crisps; to not lose out, traditional potato crisps need continuous innovation, such as baking crisps instead of frying.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months