1.1 Definition and presentation
Jam, made with sugar, water and fruit, is a simple product that is spread worldwide with ancient origins. Depending on the culture and geography of a population, jam goes to accompany different meals or times of the day.
In Italian families jam has traditionally been associated with the early morning for some time, but today with the progressive increase in substitute products for breakfast, jam is slowly losing its audience. In this very mature market, incumbents are striving to maintain their market shares based on products that are characterized by a low and slow rate of innovation. In addition, the market is strongly concentrated, in fact, in the large-scale distribution channels, the first three companies reach almost 60% of market share.
However, two recent trends have emerged for player to distinguish themselves:
- At product level: we are observing a decrease in the quantity of sugar and the emergence of organic products.
- In terms of packaging: players are committed to seducing consumers with consistent quality and innovative packaging.
Jam continues to have a healthy image in the eyes of Italians, without age and without season, even more so with the advent of organic production and / or low sugar content.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages