1.1 Presentation and market definition
Olive oil is an edible oil extracted from the fruits of the olive tree (i.e. olives), typical of the Mediterranean diet. Depending on the acidity of the oil and the extraction mechanisms, olive oil can be distinguished in different types, among the most famous: extra virgin olive oil, virgin olive oil, “lampante” olive oil and refined olive oil.
Recently the European production of olive oil has recorded impressive figures, driven by Spain, Greece and Italy.
Despite a favourable climate in the southern regions, France has great difficulty in competing against foreign players, which supply almost all the products consumed on the national territory according to data from the IOC (International Olive Oil Council). However, farmers are trying to adapt to new trends, particularly with organic farming, and to differentiate themselves from each other through protected and controlled designations of origin.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The olive oil market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages