the fruit juice market
1.1 Definition and presentation
A fruit juice is a liquid or drink made from fruit, it can be totally natural (100% fruit-based) or produced in the factory through a mixture of fruit, water and other chemicals. As a result, it is possible to segment the market according to the amount of fruit present in the drink. On the basis of this criterion, the market is divided into four main categories:
- Pure juices: these are fruit juices whose substance is entirely composed of pressed fruit without the addition of carbohydrates or additives.
- Smoothies: these are drinks obtained from fruit pureed without any other additives.
- Concentrated juices: these are fruit juices produced from fruit and water. The main objective of the concentration is to improve and simplify the transport, storage and preservation of the juice.
- Fruit nectars: these are fruit juices or fruit pureed mixed with water and sugar.
In a market for soft drinks that is not progressing very well, the fruit juice segment has struggled to develop in Italy, penalized by complementary products. Recently, however, the sector has recorded a positive performance, driven by a change in food purchasing habits and a greater awareness of the origin and ingredients contained in products on consumer side, variables that have been placed at the heart of the new product lines offered.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months