1.1 Definition and scope of the study
A fruit juice is a liquid or drink made from fruit which can be natural (100% fruit-based), or factory produced through a mixture of fruit, water and other chemicals.
As a result, it is possible to segment the market according to the amount of fruit that the juice contains. On the basis of this criterion, the market is divided into four categories:
- Pure juices: fruit juices whose substance is entirely composed of pressed fruit without the addition of carbohydrates or additives;
- Smoothies: these are drinks obtained from fruit pureed without any other additives;
- Concentrated juices: these are fruit juices produced from fruit and water. The main objective of the concentration is to improve and simplify the transport, storage and preservation of the juice;
- Fruit nectars: these are fruit juices or fruit pureed mixed with water and sugar.
The global juice market is expected to remain stable going forward. Half of the consumption is related to juice drinks with up to 24% fruits. Around 25% is 100% natural juice and the rest is related to nectars and coconut water.
Globally, the market structure is fragmented; Coca-Cola and Pepsi are market leaders with 17% of sales in 2019. After this, all players have less than 2% of sales. Moreover, Minute Maid was the most sold brand in 2019.
In the United States, the three most popular flavors were (in descending orders) apple, orange, and strawberry. [qgdigitalpublishing] The US market is decreasing both in value and volume terms.
The market structure in the United States is relatively concentrated; close to 24% of all sales pertain to Coca-Cola and Keurig Dr Pepper.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The fruit juice market - France
Publicado en 10/05/2022 by Martine Meurens - Meurens & Rodrigues
A very well-detailed market study, using reliable sources, for an unbeatable price-quality ratio.