1.1 Definition and scope of study
A fruit juice is a liquid or drink made from fruit, it can be totally natural (100% fruit-based) or produced in the factory through a mixture of fruit, water and other chemicals. As a result, it is possible to segment the market according to the amount of fruit present in the beverage. Based on this criterion, the market is divided into four main categories :
- Pure juices: juices whose substance consist entirely of pressed fruits, without added carbohydrates or additives
- Smoothies: drinks obtained from pure fruits, without any other additives.
- Juices produced from fruit and water. The main purpose of concentration is to improve and simplify transport, storage and preservation of the juice.
- Fruit nectars : juices or pure fruits mixed with water and sugar.
After strongly resisting the recent economic crisis in the country, the Brazilian juice market has grown at least 2% per year since 2016, according to data from the National Agricultural Society (SNA). This increase has occurred in both juice production and sales, and should reach new highs by 2021. The main reason for the good results are the large volume of Brazilian tropical fruit production, especially orange. In addition, the market is known for a practically constant high demand throughout the year, since the Brazilian and American/European summer seasons take place at opposite times of the year. As a result, external demand has been compensating for the low internal demand in the periods of lower heat in the country (between May and September). The production of natural juices should reach, by 2021, about 2.6 billion liters.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The fruit juice market - France
Publicado en 10/05/2022 by Martine Meurens - Meurens & Rodrigues
A very well-detailed market study, using reliable sources, for an unbeatable price-quality ratio.