1.1 Definition and scope of the study
A pet is an animal kept or intended to be kept by man for his contentment. [Code Rural]
Pets are divided into 9 families: cats, dogs, fish, farmed birds, farmyard animals, small mammals, aquatic ponds, terrarium animals. The scope of this study does not include farm animals or any animal intended for professional use.
The market is largely dominated by the dog and cat segments, which represent the vast majority of the market, but the category of "new pets" is growing. This term refers to pets other than dogs and cats and therefore includes multiple species of animals. If some are relatively widespread, such as rodents, birds or fish, other animals less common, including animals initially not domestic. [Ministry of Agriculture and Food]
The pet market is further divided into 4 consumption items:
- accessories and equipment
- hygiene and health
- animal feed
The pet food sector, which has the largest market share, is the subject of a specific study available under the name "The pet food market".
The French pet food market is booming, while the cat's market share dominates in terms of market share and is increasing rapidly, the dog's market share has slightly decreased but is now tending to stabilize.
Furthermore, several trends characterize the French pet market in 2020. First, the increase in the number of pets and the growing attachment of the French to their animals contribute to the positive dynamics of demand. On the supply side, there is an upmarket and premiumization of products and services, as well as an acceleration of the development of pet shops and the Internet as distribution channels in this market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The pet market - France
Publicado en 22/09/2022 by Marc Coussediere - Impex SAS
A study that accurately reflects the market and is very rich in information about the players in this sector.
Thank you Marc for your feedback. We are delighted to have lived up to your expectations! :D