1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The market for single-family house construction refers to :
- the general construction companies or "all trades" taking overall responsibility for the construction of a house, including the construction of detached houses under a detached house construction contract (63% of constructions in 2018)
- the assembly and construction of prefabricated houses
The following are therefore excluded from this study
- housing development (which is the subject of another available study); and here )
- architectural and engineering activities
- project management services [ Insee ]
The market is further divided into two segments: the sector pure (isolated building plots) and the sector grouped (building plots in housing estates). The study mainly analyses the pure sector, the clustered sector being more often related to real estate development
In 2019, single-family homes accounted for 55.9% of the French housing stock . The single-family home construction market has been growing steadily in France since 2016, with sales increasing by more than 31% since 2016 and 2.66% in 2019 . This growth is mainly driven by the increase in real estate purchasing power of households, which is explained by the combined effect of the rise in house prices and household purchasing power, but above all by the fall in interest rates on mortgage loans and the increase in assistance to households. However, the movement in property purchasing power differs greatly according to the location of the building land.
In addition, market growth is stimulated by the emergence of new growth drivers, such as the development of the green construction s, such as wooden or positive energy houses, as well as connected and innovative homes that allow manufacturers to differentiate themselves from the competition. The players are also counting on the s offer of services and products by developing a real estate development activity, for example, as well as on the digitalization of their business and their customer relationships.
Among the major builders of single-family homes are nationally operating players such as Hexaôm and Geoxia and regional players such as the BDL Group, IGC and Trecobat.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The single-family home construction market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The single-family home construction market - France
Publicado en 05/05/2021 by Pascal Zammit - Coheziv
Concise and effective study in a first approach