1.1 Presentation and definition of the market
The market for modularised construction means the construction of prefabricated buildings or containers (or modules) directly designed in the factory and then assembled on the construction site. The assembly allows the creation of buildings capable of responding to occasional or permanent needs: construction site billets, offices but also new forms of housing such as container houses. The modules or containers are usually made of steel, equipped with plumbing, heating and electrical power. The interior finishes are specified at the exit of the production workshop and are more or less worked on according to the purpose of the building to be constructed
Long thought mainly for the construction industry - for the site staff in particular - modular construction has over the years become an important a credible alternative to the construction of single-family homes and offices . The modular construction market is divided between the activities of sale and rental .
Often, the modularised construction enables meet short-term needs to install buildings on a temporary basis when a building is under reconstruction or in rehabilitation, but also when a expansion need of offices or workshops appears in the tertiary sector.
Modular construction is therefore present in the construction sector in the state sector (emergency accommodation, sports changing rooms, school premises, etc.) and in the sector private tertiary sector (offices, shops and kiosks, events, health, etc.).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The modular construction market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages