1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The elevator is a mobile device for moving people or objects along a predefined axis within a vertical structure. Lifts can be put to two different uses:
- Use on a small number of floors in public places such as metro stations, railway stations or shops. However, this use faces competition from escalators that allow a faster flow while reducing waiting times.
- Use on a large number of floors in residential and office buildings/skyscrapers but also car parks, hotels and hospitals. This use has less competition from escalators because the elevator is faster (speed proportional to the height of the skyscraper towers) and can generally carry a larger number of people.
According to the Fédération des ascenseurs, the lift market in France represents 100 million trips per day for more than 600,000 lifts installed. The number of lifts in France is ageing (more than 50% of lifts are over 25 years old and 25% are over 40 years old). With only about 11 to 12,000 new lifts installed per year in France, the market challenge is in fact very much linked to the modernisation, maintenance and repair of existing lifts, since this segment occupies 70% of the sector's workforce.
The French lift market is particularly concentrated and is dominated by the French subsidiaries of the four world majors: the American Otis, the German ThyssenKrupp, the Finnish Kone and the Swiss Schindler. Alongside these groups, which control the entire value chain, from manufacturing to maintenance and modernisation, there are many small and medium-sized companies operating on a local scale.
The numerous takeovers show that the lift market is becoming increasingly concentrated around the world leaders who are internalising maintenance and repair activities. Lastly, the future of the lift market in France will depend largely on the regulation of safety work on the stock already installed.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The lift market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The lift market - France
Publicado en 20/01/2022 by Ignacio Eguia Abad - Kailash Consulting
I'm more than satisfied. Thanks so much
Thank you very much for your feedback, we are delighted that our study has met your expectations. :)