the pet food market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The pet food category mainly includes food for dogs, cats, birds, fish, small reptiles and mammals. It is part of the broader feed category, which includes both pet food and farmed animal feed.
The main segments of the pet food market are identifiable by type of feed, and are:
- Snack & Treat
The global pet food market is proving to be prosperous and projections of its development and evolution are also promising, driven in value by a growing focus on health and nutrition and in volume by the progressively greater number of animals kept.
In Italy, the number of pets is slightly lower than the number of individuals on the territory, a figure that undoubtedly influences the market prospects positively and places the country at the top of the European list. Demographic changes (e.g. ageing of the population, advent of millennials) and social changes (e.g. transformations in traditional households) are expected to have an impact on the evolution of the market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months