the cybersecurity market
Nicolas Arpagian, author of the book Cybersecurity, defines the concept of cybersecurity as follows: "Cybersecurity includes both the protection and attack of computer equipment (the war for or against information), in order to monitor or take control of it, and the information available on the Internet (the war by information), with possible damage to reputation, theft of sensitive data, digital piracy and other slander campaigns."
In other words, Cybersecurity concerns the defensive and offensive usage of information systems that irrigate our modern organizations. It takes into account both the technical means used for data exchange as well as the content (information that circulates, information that is stored etc.)
Cybersecurity is one of the most important "SMACS" which includes social networks, data analysis, cloud computing and cybersecurity. Violations in Cybersecurity are numerous and concern phishing, ransom software, infection with spyware, destruction or alteration of information, hacking of information, data theft, blocking or slowing down a site, hacking of personal data or even power and air conditioning failure in a computer room.
New destructive practices are developing in cyber space, including criminal use of the Internet (cybercrime), including for terrorist purposes; large-scale propagation of false information and manipulation; espionage for political or economic ends; and attacks on critical infrastructure (transport, energy, communication, etc.) for the purposes of sabotage.
Attacks can come both from State or non-State groups and often they involve the following characteristics:
- Know no border or distance;
- Are difficult to trace it is very hard to formally identify the true culprits, who are often acting under the cover of unwitting relays (botnets) or proxies;
- Can be carried out with relative ease, with little cost or risk for the attacker. They aim to jeopardize the smooth functioning of communication and information systems (CIS) used by citizens, businesses and administrations, and even the physical integrity of infrastructure that is crucial to national security.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months