1.1 Definition and scope of study
Biometrics, whose literal meaning means the measurement of the human body, refers to a set of techniques designed to recognize a person's identity based on their physical and biological characteristics (eyes, hand, voice, etc.). Biometrics can either identify a person, i.e. recognize them in the middle of a crowd for example, or authenticate a person, i.e. provide their identity based on one or more of their biological or behavioural characteristics.
The first biometric technology was introduced in 1974, designed by Safran on behalf of the FBI. Since then, biometrics has been booming for several years, in the face of new threats and data and identity theft facilitated by the expansion of new technologies. France is a pioneer in this field on the international scene, with highly innovative and efficient companies.
Nevertheless, through its use of personal data, biometrics also remains a subject of mistrust, which considerably hinders its growth, particularly in countries such as France where individual freedoms have always been a fundamental issue.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The biometrics market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver