1.1 Definition and scope of study
An online trading platform is software used for trading on the financial markets: opening, closing and managing positions. Online trading platforms are often offered by brokers free of charge, whether for demo accounts or real trading accounts.
The best trading platforms offer a mix of robust functionality, ease of use and low fees. As well as placing orders, trading platforms also allow you to view real-time quotes, live charts, news feeds and other research content. Platforms can also be specifically tailored to particular markets, such as equities, forex or crypto-currencies.
Today's brokers are quite diversified. In addition to order execution, players offer other investment strategies and financial advisory services. A large part of their turnover comes from executing customer buy and sell orders. Commission and fee income is generated by principal transactions. Added to this is interest income from investments and dividends, as well as investment banking income from underwriting and advisory services.
The rapid development of high-frequency trading and the digitization of foreign exchange markets have led to increased competition and democratization of access to the stock market. In France, the main online trading platforms are eToro, XTP and Capital.com. The eToro platform alone symbolizes the growth of these sites: it now boasts over 350,000 users in France.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Tailor-made report pack - France
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The market for online trading platforms - France
I really appreciated the interest of your study which allowed me to inform my investment platform project.
Hello Salim, Thank you for your feedback on our study, we are very happy to contribute to the success of your project. :)