1.1 Presentation of insulation
According to the INSEE's French Activity Nomenclature, the sub-category of Building Insulation Work (NAF 43.29A) covers thermal insulation work (including hot and cold water pipes, boilers and pipes doubling with insulating materials), sound insulation work and fireproofing work.
The French Construction Federation (Fédération Française du Bâtiment - FFB) mentions a minimum number of 20 million homes that will require renovation by 2050.
To this must be added a growing concern for sustainable development and the preservation of ecosystems to slow global warming. Thus, thermal insulation is one of the major challenges of residential as well as professional real estate.
In addition, government policy in recent years has proposed numerous financial aids to consumers such as tax deductions, zero-rated eco-loans, etc. (see Regulation section). The market for building insulation is thus boosted by this governmental effort.
In 2017 the market for construction insulation materials increased by 5% and more than 230 million m2 have been installed. In this market, new housing accounted for more than half of the total area laid.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Building Insulation Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages