1.1 The hearing aid market
A hearing aid is a medical prosthesis intended for people with a hearing impairment and allowing certain sounds to be amplified according to the needs encountered
Historically, the first modern hearing aids appeared at the beginning of the 20th century with the invention of the first earphone by the Sonotone company in 1929. Hearing aids have since become portable and increasingly discreet, particularly with the use of smaller, more efficient microprocessors since the late 1990s.
The hearing aids market can be split into three product categories, namely:
- In-the-ear prostheses ;
- BTE prostheses that contour the user's ear;
- In-the-canal hearing aids with the microphone placed in the ear canal to reduce the size of the outer case.
The global market for hearing aids is growing steadily and the number of devices sold is increasing, until the health crisis halted this momentum. The market is concentrated around a few major international players
The French market has been growing steadily for several years and has not really been affected by Covid-19. This market is driven in part by the aging population and increasingly efficient technologies. The price represented a brake to the purchase, but to allow a greater number of French people the access to a hearing medical device, the government set up since January 1st, 2021, the 100% Health, the RAC 0 ("reste à charge zéro") which makes it possible to have a fully refunded device.
The market is organized around numerous specialized outlets, some of which are independent, throughout the country, which are facing competition from the diversification of the optical industry and from certain pharmacies
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The hearing aid market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The hearing aid market - France
Publicado en 30/04/2022 by Alexis Leblanc - Natixis Partners
Very good value for money, basic information is clear, big time saver in terms of research!