1.1 Definition and presentation
The optical market includes items and accessories worn on the eyes. Optical equipment can be worn for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common include use as an accessory, to correct visual problems or to protect the eyes. The three largest categories in the eyewear industry are:
- Eyeglasses ;
- Sunglasses ;
- Contact lenses.
The optics industry thus comprises all the players and processes involved in the design, production and sale of the above-mentioned items. Globally, the market growth prospects are very promising with a growth rate of 5.8% between 2021 and 2027. The aging population and the evolution of life expectancy in the world allow us to foresee an increasing number of people needing eyeglasses or contact lenses. This upward trend is also reinforced by the rise in disposable income, which should continue to drive premiumization in all segments of the eyewear industry, especially in non-corrective lenses
The market has been affected by the health crisis, with the closure of shops and confinements, however, the optical market is a consolidated market and despite declines in turnover in 2020 for many brands, there is little doubt that this essential market will recover.
While many high-end French manufacturers are doing well in the export market, many local retailers are competing fiercely.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The optical market - France
Publicado en 08/09/2020 by Client Anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Fast and complete service; all information & data are accurate (and current).
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are very pleased to see that you liked our service. :)