1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Oenotourism, or wine and wine tourism, is a form of rural tourism based on the discovery of wine-producing regions and their products . It includes many activities, such as :
- Vine and wine professions :
- Knowledge of grape varieties and terroirs
- Historical and cultural heritage (museums, visits to estates, etc.)
Born in California in the 1970s, wine tourism developed later in France, in the early 2000s, following the results of a study carried out in 1999 by the AFIT (Association française de l'ingénierie touristique) revealing the growing interest of French and foreign tourists in this type of tourism . As the world's second-largest wine-producing country and the world's leading tourist destination, the the country's wine tourism potential is not negligible and the margin for business growth is immense. The country also enjoys a great diversity of its terroirs and the quality of its wines.
Today, the French wine tourism activity is burgeoning and helps revitalize local economies. The main vineyards come from the regions of Bordeaux, Champagne and Burgundy: wine is the main tourist activity there. The other vineyards are engaged in actions to diversify their offer, notably through digital (internet platforms, digital applications, social networks, etc.). The activity also benefits from strong support from the public authorities, notably with Atout France, the state operator responsible for supporting the sector
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The wine tourism market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The wine tourism market - France
Publicado en 28/06/2022 by STEPHANE LOMBARDI - TENDIL ET LOMBARDI
Very well done study with data from several sources.