1.1 Overview and definition of digital printing
Printing refers to the action of reproducing characters or images on a medium. It is important to distinguish between digital and offset printing:
- Digital printing
Digital printing is a reproduction technique that allows documents to be printed directly from computer data, officially established in 1993. There is no intermediate step, unlike offset printing. The two most common digital printing processes are ink jet printing - often for large runs or formats - and laser printing - for short runs.
- Offset printing
The printing process consists of transferring the print directly onto the substrate using an intermediate surface, a rubber support. The process involves several preparation steps before printing, which does not take place immediately on paper. This is the main process in professional printing and the most common in the printing industry.
Overall, the print market is facing an increasingly digitized world, but despite the dematerialization of the media, many sectors remain linked to print (especially for reading, advertising, business documents, etc.).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Digital Printing Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages