1.1 Definition and scope of the study
A 3D printer is a machine that can project real objects in three dimensions from a file and then create them physically using 3D design softwares. The objects created can be models, spare parts, scale models or prototypes. 3D printers can be industrial or office printers depending on their use.
The production involves the following resources:
- The production of 3D printing materials (plastics, resins, metal powder)
- The use of a 3D printer
- One software (creative software)
- 3D printing services and consulting activities (optional)
The market for 3D printers (or additive manufacturing) thus includes the following activities:
- The sale of 3D printing machines and solutions
- The sale of printed products by means of specialized machines for customers wishing to make prototypes of particular products
- Printing services
The global 3D printing market is expanding rapidly; between 2020 and 2024 the market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 26%. Several factors are triggering this growth including a reduction in manufacturing costs and process downtime (which enables more players to enter the market and development to occur faster), government investment, and an adoption and extension in the number of materials which can be used for printing.
The US is one of the most developed 3D printers markets in the world. 3D printing is adopted by more than two-thirds of US manufacturers. [PwC] Between 2014 and 2020 the market expanded at a CAGR of 25%. The continued growth in adoption of this manufacturing technique is mainly triggered by cost and time savings, as well as increased precision in comparison to traditional molding and forging.
The largest players in the US are HP, Proto Labs, Materialise, and Stratsays.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) USA - United States
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our American catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The 3D printer market - France
Publicado en 03/11/2021 by Anthony Barbet - Prysmeo
It's quite clear and not too busy on each page
Hello Anthony, Thank you for your feedback.
The 3D printer market - France
Publicado en 03/11/2021 by Clement Retiere - Gadzar
I was looking for a study with figures and analysis on 3D printing. Your analysis meets my expectations.
Hello Clément, Thank you very much for your feedback, we are delighted if our study has perfectly met your expectations. :)