1.1 Definition and scope of study
A 3D printer is a machine that can project real objects in 3 dimensions from a file created using 3D design software. The objects created can be models, spare parts, scale models or prototypes. 3D printers can be industrial or office printers depending on their use.
The production of parts using 3D printers requires :
- The production of 3D printing materials (plastics, resins, metal powder);
- The use of a 3D printer ;
- One software (creative software);
- And sometimes 3D printing services and consulting activities
The market for 3D printers (or additive manufacturing) includes the following activities
- The sale of 3D printing machines and solutions
- The sale of printed products by means of specialized machines for customers wishing to make prototypes of particular products
- Printing services
The global market for 3D printers is growing rapidly in terms of the number of printers sold. Companies are investing heavily in the use of 3D printers. World market still largely dominated by the United States .
Industrial printers represent only a small portion of the total sales volume, but constitute the majority of the revenues generated. The remaining sales are for 3D desktop printers. The sector is relatively concentrated and organized around a few producers for the industrial or office printer segment.
In Brazil, the 3D printing market is booming, with an annual growth rate of approximately 24.1% . According to the World Economic Forum In Brazil, 41% of organizations intend to invest in technology by 2022, while for Brazil the figure is 49%.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages