1.1 Definition and presentation
The concept of a data center as a repository of a quantity of information has its roots in the first half of the 20th century, when the first computer specifically designed to store data was built. In almost 80 years, data centers have undergone considerable transformations to enrich their functionality.
Today, therefore, the term data center refers to a large network of servers and interconnected computer components, usually used by organizations for remote storage, processing and distribution of data. Data center components typically include mainframes, servers, storage bays, network and telecom equipment, etc.
The construction of a facility as such requires a high initial investment. In addition, the security of the infrastructure, both in terms of energy and against cyber-attacks, is essential to ensure its proper functioning. In Italy these are some of the difficulties that have led the market structure to have a fragmented image, characterized by a very high number of data centers, expensive both for the economy of the country and for the companies that use them. Nevertheless, the data center market is undoubtedly in strong expansion and should show sustained growth in the coming years, thanks also to:
- The growing popularity of community cloud technology;
- The exchange of data linked to the use of an increasingly efficient Internet network;
- The need for some companies to outsource the storage of a significant amount of data at their disposal to reduce costs or for security reasons.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver