1.1 Definition and scope of study
To better understand the definition of "Cloud Computing" lets break down the term into:
- Cloud i.e. a technology that allows the use through remote servers of software and hardware reserves (such as, for example, data storage systems) whose service is given as a form of subscription
- Cloud Computing is a business model in which a product is not purchased, but the fact of being able to use it remotely without having it physically available
There are several services that can be provided in the Cloud, but we generally refer to SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service).
As far as the global market is concerned, according to a study conducted by the company Grand View Research, the global Cloud Computing market is expected to reach $1,251.09 billion by 2028, registering a CAGR of 19.1% over the forecast period. There are several factors behind this growth: digital transformation in many sectors, the growing adoption of 5G, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT) and the consumption of big data.
Compared to the Italian market, its value in 2021 increased by 16% compared to the previous year. The service that grew the most was PaaS (+31%), followed by Iaas (+23%) and finally SaaS (+13%). This remarkable growth is due to the fact that, thanks also to the pandemic, in large Italian companies 44% of the application fleet is on the Cloud.
As regards future trends within the sector, more and more companies are adapting their business models to this technology, which makes many business practices cheaper and more efficient. In addition, many small and medium-sized Italian companies are focusing their attention on organizational change with the intention of incorporating Cloud Computing into their business logic.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver