1.1 Definition and scope of study
According to the World Health Organization, the term e-health refers to "the use of information and communication technologies (ICT) for health". E-Health includes:
- Health Information System or Hospital Information System: all solutions for the exchange of information between hospitals, doctors and patients,
- Telemedicine: includes various medical acts performed remotely;
- Tele-health: mainly concerns monitoring and prevention;
- Technological devices for patients or m-health (mobile applications, connected objects, etc.);
- Technological devices for suppliers;
- Technological devices for public and industrial operators.
The global e-health market is growing, the total amount of funds raised by start-ups worldwide continues to increase, in 2019 it amounted to $13.7 billion. The progressive interest and recognition of telemedicine, tele-health and especially m-health (mobile health) in Italy reflects a real revolution in the field of healthcare, marked by the transformation of medical practices and relationships between market players. The sector shows a high potential as suggested by the recent investments of about €1.4 billion and the 5% annual growth over the last two years. It is expected to be influenced by macro-economic factors affecting the national territory, such as a progressively longer life expectancy or attempts to reduce healthcare costs and expenses.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 10 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver