1.1 Definition and presentation
According to the World Health Organization, the term e-health refers to "the use of information and communication technology (ICT) for health." E-health includes:
- Health Information System or Hospital Information System: all solutions for the exchange of information between hospitals, physicians and patients,
- Telemedicine: includes various medical acts performed remotely;
- Tele-health: mainly concerns monitoring and prevention;
- Technology devices for patients or m-health (mobile applications, connected objects, etc.);
- Technology devices for providers;
- Technology devices for public and industrial providers.
The global e-health market is growing, the total amount of funds raised by startups continues to increase, in 2019 it amounted to $13.7 billion. The progressive interest and recognition of telemedicine, telehealth, and especially m-health (mobile health) in Italy reflects a real revolution in the field of health, marked by the transformation of medical practices and relationships between market players. The sector shows high potential as suggested by recent investments of about €1.4 billion and 5% annual growth over the last two years. It is expected to be influenced by macro-economic factors in the area, such as the growth of a progressively older population or attempts to reduce healthcare costs and expenditures.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver