The market for video platforms is made up of offers allowing you to watch videos for free on the Internet or a movie at home without having to rent a DVD for example. It is a digital offer that goes through the Internet in most cases
In fact, video-on-demand refers to four types of offers :
- a free access to unlimited video content (Youtube model and Dailymotion)
- a access to a film/series for a limited time (rental)
- a definitive acquisition of the rights to watch a film/series (purchase),
- a subscription for a unlimited access to the films/series in the catalogue (subscription). This third offer is called SVOD (video on demand subscription) and refers to players such as Netflix in particular.
In the VOD market, all the players are trying to offer the widest possible choice of films and series. The trend is to adapt the model from a simple video-on-demand to a SVOD subscription offering a catalogue and an unlimited choice of films and series to watch at any time during the subscription period. The players on the French market are preparing to compete with international players who have an eye on the market such as Netflix or Amazon Video. New specialized players such as Disney are entering the market in specific niches. Unlimited free video players such as the giant Youtube are gradually becoming competitive with social networks such as Facebook, which have developed video integrators in their system Another category of video is emerging on the market: integrated advertising video on various applications and sites in France.
The global video on demand market was worth 26 billion euros in 2017 and will reach 36.3 billion euros in 2020. The global market is boosted by subscriptions to nearly €20 billion in 2017, followed by digital rental and sales.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The video platform market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The robotics market - France
Publicado en 01/08/2022 by Clement Girard
It covers the market and cites very interesting sources The study is well up to date with the information that can be found It is a precious time saver