1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Broadcasting (abbreviated radio) refers to the emission of signals via electromagnetic waves that are received directly by the public. Several types of radio stations can be distinguished in France:
- Public Service Radio These are attached to three groups, Radio France, Radio France Internationale and France Télévisions;
- Private radio stations (associative or commercial).
Radio stations with a wide variety of content and audience shares coexist in France, with generalist, thematic, local, community and international stations sharing the market.
RTL and France Inter remain the most listened-to radio stations in France Radio France is the leading radio group in France, with a stable market share. This position allows them to sign many advertising contracts, particularly with the mass retail sector which accounts for nearly 40% of the sector's advertising revenue.
Radio stations, especially music stations (NRJ, Skyrock, Fun radio) suffer from competition from social networks and streaming (Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music...). The drop in the audience concerns especially the 13-24 year olds, while only 68% of 13-24 year olds listened to the radio at least once in the day in 2019, they were more than 80% 10 years ago.
To face the rise of competing services, radio stations can count on a loyal older audience, a high cumulative audience (over 75%) and a substantial listening time. To renew themselves, radio stations are now focusing on technological innovations such as web radio, the creation of shared content and the explosion of listening to podcasts .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Tailor-made report pack - France
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The market for the organisation of sporting events - France
Publicado en 22/09/2022 by Laure Lehaut - Le Haut Potentiel
Très clair et didactique. Bien documenté tout en restant synthétique. Beau travail!
Merci beaucoup Laure pour votre avis qui nous est précieux. Nous sommes ravis d'avoir été à la hauteur de vos attentes!
The e-learning and MOOCs market - France
Publicado en 18/08/2022 by VT KTEK
A very complete study where all sources are cited
The driving school market - France
Publicado en 17/08/2022 by Marie-Anne BOURDIAUX - ECOLE DE CONDUITE ACCELEREE
Study carried out by professionals which allowed me to deepen my knowledge of the market. Too bad that it was already 2 years old, the market being in constant evolution, I would have liked updated figures
The dance school market - France
Many interesting figures on this little studied, poorly known and rapidly developing activity
Hello Malcolm, Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to see that you liked our service. :)
The driving school market - France
Publicado en 12/01/2022 by Simon Toffaletti
Currently developing an entrepreneurial project around the driving school sector, this complete, synthetic and financially accessible study accelerates my steps.
Hello Simon, Thank you for your feedback on our study, we are very happy to contribute to the success of your project. We are also very pleased to see that you liked our service and our pricing. :)