1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The first vinyl records were released in 1948. Long put aside with the appearance of CDs, the vinyl market is now back to its former growth. In fact, according to a study by the SNEP (Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique), vinyl record sales worldwide increased by 6% in 2018 compared to 2017. In France, the market has seen a 5-fold increase in sales over the past five years
Also known as a microgroove record, "galette" or black record, it is a sound recording medium. It is composed of two engraved sides. Each side has a microscopic 'spiral' groove that starts on the outside and ends in the centre of the record. The vinyl record is generally black, but there are coloured (green, red, white, blue, ...) or transparent records. Some even have a picture incorporated on one or both sides: these are picture-discs. It is intended to be played on a turntable or an electrophone.
Another study conducted by the SNEP shows that two-thirds of LP and 45 rpm buyers are under 50. In total, almost half of vinyl sales are generated by people under 30. The vinyl market is thus increasingly attracting a new audience, which did not experience the first wave of vinyl: the Millenials.
More than a fashion effect, the vinyl revival is gaining momentum, as shown by the multiplication of fairs, exchange blogs and collectors' forums in France. The vinyl record market is now enabling physical music distributors to compete with the major online streaming platforms
This study focuses mainly on the market for 33 and 45 rpm records.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The vinyl market - France
Publicado en 04/03/2022 by IMEXPERT - Imexpert
Well presented syntethic the essential is there!