The music streaming market includes all the platforms and players that allow streaming music online. The music streaming market is part of the giant that is the music industry, with the advent of new technologies pushing to changes in consumer habits, audio streaming has been able to make a very important place and especially very quickly in the music market, to the detriment of the physical sales (CDs, vinyls, ...).
Globally, music streaming revenue has grown by an average of 887% every year over 15 years (2005 - 2020) and the market is still not out of breath as it has grown by 20% between 2019 and 2020. In France streaming is following the same momentum, with an average annual growth of 45% between 2014 and 2020, without having been really impacted by the health crisis.
In France, the music streaming market is dominated by the two giants of the sector, Deezer and Spotify, but with the arrival of the GAFAs who are taking more and more market share with their platforms Apple Music, Youtube Music or Amazon Music
Despite the undeniable success of streaming, it is nevertheless subject to many controversies, with movements such as "Justice at Spotify" giving voice to the issue of artist remuneration by streaming platforms. With no regulations in place, this growing market is likely to undergo changes, especially in terms of regulations
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages