A e-book (or digital book) is a book published and distributed in digital format, available as files that can be downloaded and stored, stored and read on a screen (computer, tablet, smartphone, e-book reader), on a Braille page or on an audio book reading device.
Enter 15% and 25% of the French population is said to be adept at digital reading, but customs and practices are slowly changing even if the supply of digital books is growing exponentially
Several well-known players have entered the e-book market since 2005, with Amazon entering the market through its subsidiary Mobipocket.com, which is now the leading e-book reseller in France, but also the Ibooks application developed by Apple. The pure book players are also present on the market: Hachette Livre since 2008 with Numilog.com, ePagine, Chapitre.com or Eden Livres. Physical distributors are also present on the market, with players such as FNAC in particular.
The passage from the paper book chain to the digital book chain has led to a reduction in some production and marketing costs, but also an increase linked to the implementation of the all-digital system (IT development, archiving, maintenance and referencing costs). One of the challenges facing the market will be to adapt to the constant changes proposed by the IT giants (Apple, Google, Amazon) so that the traditional players in the library do not fall behind too quickly in terms of technological innovations.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The e-book market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages