1.1 Definition and Introduction
Board games have distinguished themselves by their ability to survive time, and even today, they are still at the heart of leisure consumption habits in many countries.
Definition of board games: board games are difficult to define in absolute terms, but they are generally characterized by :
- A more or less complex game rules ;
- A minimum of 2 participants
- The need for one or more material supports (game board, counters, pen, dice, cards)
Although the Spanish are traditionally very fond of cards, board games have also become an important part of the country's entertainment habits. Nevertheless, the growth potential for this sector remains strong, particularly through the constant expansion of the consumer base.
The Spanish board game market shows a strong differentiation between market players: on the one hand, there are the large companies from the toy world, which have expanded into the board game sector; on the other hand, there are smaller structures, often emerging from crowdfunding, offering a more innovative product range, aimed at knowledgeable consumers and therefore a smaller customer base. Thus, the emergence of crowdfunding has considerably disrupted the board game sector, by eliminating certain players in the value chain (distributors or publishers, for example). [Un Toque de Juegos]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages