the board game market
1.1 Definition and presentation
Board games have distinguished themselves through their ability to survive time and, even today, some games create and bring together entire communities and a myriad of derivative products.
But what is a board game?
Board games are difficult to define in absolute terms, and are generally characterized by:
- More or less complex game rules;
- A minimum of 2 participants;
- The need for one or more material supports (game board, counters, pen, dice, cards).
The global board games market is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 10% during the period 2018 to 2024. A survey revealed that in 2018 the UK’s favorite board game was Monopoly, closely followed by Scrabble. In third place came Snakes and Ladders, and in fourth Jenga.
The board games market is fragmented; barriers to entry remain low; the creation of board games does not require any molding or tooling, consequently keeping costs down. Larger players include Hasbro, Mittel, and Ravensburger.
Innovation in the board game market is likely to contribute to growth; this includes measures such as introduction of strategic products, leveraging global retail trends, and crowdfunding boosters paving growth paths. [arizton]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months