1.1 Market definition and presentation
Sunscreen is often a generic term for sun care products as a whole. The latter are all products that allow a good maintenance of the skin against the danger of the sun's rays. Among them, sun creams are defined by the National Agency for the Safety of Medicines and Health Products ( ANSM ) as "a cosmetic product intended to be applied to the skin to protect against ultraviolet (UV) radiation by absorbing or reflecting such radiation". It also includes after-sun products and self-tanning products
Two categories of UV rays are distinguished, UVA and UVB. UVA rays are responsible for premature aging of the skin and for diseases such as skin cancer. UVB is the cause of sunburn. It is therefore essential to protect yourself against these two types of solar radiation. It is the filters contained in sun creams that provide protection for the epidermis.
Suncare products can be found in many forms in the market:
- gels ;
Sunscreens can be segmented as follows:
- products based on chemical filters, which allow the absorption of UV rays;
- products with mineral filters, which reflect UV rays.
The sun cream market, whether global, European or national, is a dynamic market whose growth should be sustainable. Indeed, the growing awareness of the risks linked to (over)exposure to the sun is general and ensures a dynamic demand. It is estimated, for example, that in Europe, between 2020 and 2030, the turnover of sun care products should grow by 100%.
The baby and children's sun cream segment is growing strongly and the brands rely on efficient research and development departments to be innovative and in tune with their customers' needs
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Tailor-made report pack - France
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Insulin Pump Market - France
A very precise and detailed study of this market, driven by the strong growth of this disease in the world
Hello Amaury, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content of the study has fully met your expectations. :)
The Parapharmacy Market - France
Publicado en 07/01/2022 by Client anonyme - Ce client a souhaité rester anonyme
Clear and concise generic study. Well documented. However, I would have liked to see that the actors' files at the end of the report corresponded precisely to those stated in the report.
Hello, Thank you for your feedback on our study. We are planning to update it taking into account your remarks, we will keep you informed as soon as it is available.