The smartgrids are a "smart" electricity distribution networks which use information and computer technologies to optimize the production, distribution and consumption of electricity to improve energy efficiency. Smartgrids can also reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The global smartgrid market could reach more than $100 billion by 2023
Over the past ten years, more than 5 billion euros have been invested in approximately 300 projects related to smartgrids in Europe. The smart meter segment is experiencing a particularly strong growth, with €4 billion dedicated to their deployment over the past ten years. The number of new devices is increasing: energy boxes, home automation systems, consumption monitoring software, etc. However, business models are still uncertain: nearly 200 million smart meters for electricity and 45 million for gas will be deployed in the EU by 2020. In addition, 72% of European consumers will have a smart meter for electricity and around 40% for gas by 2020. These meters allow energy savings of about 3%
As smartgrids are located at the junction of various technologies, the market attracts various players: the electrical equipment manufacturers (ABB, Schneider, etc.) are the best positioned on the market and the engineering services companies information (SSII) also have a card to play. French players are mainly present via electrical equipment and there are fewer strong players on the ICT sector (software and computer services).
The powers audiences play a key role in the development of the smartgrid market. The EU thus supports several projects, which is a strong motivator for the market. The European directive resulting from the Climate and Energy package recommends that 80% of consumers be equipped with smart meters by 2020. Internationally, Sweden and Italy have established themselves as pioneers in the market
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Smartgrid market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages