The high-end watchmaking segment exploded in France with the rise of luxury brands in the 1990s, driven in particular by the development of mass tourism in Asia since the 2000s. The 2008 crisis put an end to this boom, but the industry recovered from 2010 onwards.
Traditionally dominated by large historical companies the market saw the arrival of new competitors in the 1990s brands of the big names fashion brands but also small players who rely on quality products. However, even though there are many brands in the luxury watch segment in France, four major groups are competing in this market The Swatch Group (Breguet, Omega, Blancpain, Longines, Tissot, Tiffany, etc.) is the world's leading watch manufacturer the convergence between luxury and watchmaking is undeniable .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The luxury watch market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages