the luxury leather goods market
Leather goods refers to the industry of fine leather preparation and the production of articles with the same leather, whether it is bags, gloves, belts, or other fashion items. While it is easy to mention houses that resolutely belong to the world of luxury, it is much less so to draw a clear line between leather goods as a whole and so-called luxury leather goods
According to a report of the National Leather Council, the leather goods sector as a whole generated a turnover of €3.236 billion in France in 2017, for a sector that includes 448 companies and employs nearly 21,000 people in France
In addition, according to Mazars, the" made in France "would be particularly sought after in a global market for luxury leather goods an increase of 70% between 2003 and 2012 .
The luxury leather goods market remains dominated by the main luxury brands, leaving little room for new entrants. The numerous takeovers reflect the growing concentration of the market.
The main source of growth in the market remains China and its upper-middle class with high purchasing power.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months