1.1 Definition and scope of study
The "maroquinerie" market is a micro-category of the wider leather clothing market and refers to all leather accessories (e.g. bags, belts, wallets). The distinguishing mark of these fashion items is therefore the material: leather.
France excels in this sector of activity with high added value, requiring a qualified workforce. Its companies, large international luxury groups, export the "made in France" brand image particularly in Asia, where demand has been increasing for several years.
However, leather goods' figures are also rising in France, boosted by a flourishing tourism industry after a fall in 2016, as well as by an economic context favourable to individuals.
Leather goods thus evolve in a highly competitive environment, where fashion effects are obviously present. It is, therefore, appropriate for companies present on the market to adapt as finely as possible to demand, especially for new players who need to build a brand image.
Finally, the leather industry in general is threatened by the growing environmental and animal awareness of the population, favouring more environmentally friendly substitutes of vegetable or synthetic origin.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The leather goods market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages