the backpack market
1.1 Definition and presentation
A backpack is a bag that is carried on the back that holds the weight of its contents on the shoulders through padded and adjustable straps and sometimes even on the hips through a belt. The capacity of its volume is expressed in liters and ranges from half a dozen liters for racing bags to a hundred liters for trekking and mountain models.
Different types of backpacks are included in our market analysis:
- School, sports and hiking backpacks;
- Backpacks for everyday and urban use;
- Leather backpacks.
The global backpack market is growing, with a positive evolution forecast of more than 5% per year in the coming years, driven in particular by consumption in China and the Asia-Pacific region, while the American market, on the other hand, is progressively weakening.
In Europe, the situation is more fragmented and versatile, and in the absence of a uniform image, European demand remains strongly linked to the purchasing habits of individual countries. In Italy, the long “24-ore” – a bag model similar to a briefcase - tradition is abandoning the scene to give space to increasingly innovative designs that meet the different needs of target consumers.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months