1.1 Market definition
A backpack is, as its name suggests, a storage space that an individual carries on his back thanks to the use of adjustable straps or even sometimes a belt
The ancestor of the backpack is the wicker hood. From the 17th century onwards, the backpack took the form of wooden frames held to the shoulders by leather straps. So the backpack was first of all in wood, then in metal, then in leather and then in fabric
It was at the beginning of the 20th century with the Norwegian Ole F. Bergan that the backpack really took its name and shape. It was then two Frenchmen who innovated with marketable versions of backpacks, first Millet in 1921, then Lafuma in 1936. In the middle of the 20th century, it was mainly among European students that the product became more popular. The 1990s in Europe marked the return of the mountain style of backpacks by reusing shapes from the 1930s
There are currently different types of backpacks, which will be detailed later in this study, but are mainly grouped into the categories of sports bags, travel, .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 5 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) DE - Germany
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our German catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The backpack market - France
Publicado en 18/11/2021 by Philippe
The market study is easy and enjoyable to read. It is concise and provides a good basis for your work.
Hello Philippe, Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to see that this study was useful to you.