The sportswear market refers to all the clothing products designed for athletes. It includes all kinds of products, whether it's running, tennis, horse riding, golf, or soccer. There are as many market segments as there are sports. There are therefore numerous and diverse firms trusting the market, and competition is fierce.
The sportswear market is booming. Demand for sportswear has been rising steadily in recent years, and consumers are increasingly looking for top-of-the-range products to pursue their physical trainings and activities in optimal conditions. This market has grown at a 7% rate per year over the past 2 years and is forecast to continue growing. This market continues to be deeply impacted by global sporting events. For example, during the soccer World Cup, sales of sportswear for soccer increased.
The German sportswear market is one of the most developed in Europe. The German population has followed a global trend that has led to a growing awareness among individuals of the positive impact of regular physical activity on health. Athletic physiques are becoming more and more fashionable in Germany. Ecology also plays a role in German consumers' choice of sportswear brands. They are increasingly looking for sustainable, environmentally-friendly clothing that is ethically produced. The most regular customers in this market are health-conscious young people with a passion for sports. But this market also caters to older people who train to remain fit.
The companies with the strongest market presence in Germany are Puma and Adidas. Nike is also a major figure in this market. New local brands offering ethical and sustainable sportswear are also making progress, setting themselves apart from giants such as Nike, which have often been singled out as being among the brands that exploit vulnerable populations.
The latest developments in the German sportswear market, therefore, show that certain aspects are crucial for new companies wishing to join this market:
- Recycled and sustainable materials are in high demand,
- Personalization of sportswear is very important to customers,
- The pandemic has made sports habits evolve widely, leading Germans to train at home way more often.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 5 business days
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) DE - Germany
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our German catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
Tailor-made report pack (de) - Germany
This 1-year package includes :
- 10 credits per year to carry out your customized reports
- Annual access to 5 reports per month, which you can choose from among our 1,300 studies
A complete range of sector-specific reports, combining standard reports at the best price with studies tailored to your needs.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The sportswear market - France
Publicado en 08/08/2022 by Domaine Saint Roch - Domaine Saint Roch
The sportswear market - France
Publicado en 16/11/2021 by Magalie Gomis
Clear and synthetic presentation.
Hello Magalie, We thank you for your opinion, and are happy to read that you are satisfied with this study.