1.1 Definition and presentation
The footwear sector is a segment of the clothing market and includes all footwear. Shoes can be segmented by end user and by use/type. With regard to the end user, the distinction is based on gender and age group, the second parameter is wider and usually leads to the classification into macro-categories that are hard to define and delimit. According to the use we can find for example: sport, beach, mountain, work. One possible categorization is as follows:
The footwear market has doubled in recent decades at a global level, experiencing a real boom, guided by the continuous innovation of both existing players and new brands, able to retain and attract consumers. Italy is among the countries that are experiencing an extremely positive performance, driven by its strong domestic production, consumption and exports. In fact, the country ranks among the first players in all three channels. The gradual interest increase in health and sport and the demographic changes of the territory are factors that will influence the performance of the footwear market. In addition, on the one hand the change in consumption habits aimed at increasing awareness of the environment and on the other hand the threat of the e-commerce segment, will help to shape the image of the market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages