the CRM Market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the CRM market
CRM is the acronym for Customer Relationship Management. The objective of a CRM software is to optimize the processing and analysis of data relating to customers and prospects
By capitalizing on customer data, CRM solutions enable companies to improve their business sales pitches to better target the needs and habits of customers and to conquer new markets more easily. CRM includes all marketing activations and operations whose objectives are to maximize the quality of the customer relationship, retaining customers and to increase the margin per customer as high as possible.
We usually distinguish the:
- "On-site" CRM, involving the acquisition of a license allowing the company to host the software on its server
- CRM SaaS (Software as a Service) where applications and systems are hosted by an external provider and made accessible to the client through internet
The global market for CRM systems is growing in 2017, thanks to the dynamism of the SaaS solutions segment. The market is concentrated around a few players who hold the majority of the market shares.
The French market for CRM solutions is also growing and expected to remain so in the coming years. The SaaS solutions segment is dominating as well, and the sales of CRM solutions have solid growth forecasts, unlike the segment of "on site" solutions which is in decline. CRM systems are first used for marketing purposes, ahead of customer service activities or contact centers in particular.
The French market is also relatively concentrated around a few global players. But the latter must also face the emergence of smaller players specialized in targeted solutions and easy to use. Above all, the market is experiencing the development of solutions that are specific to particular economic sectors and the increase of accurate, efficient and predictive data analysis.
The growth of the CRM market is finally driven by technological innovations allowing for a finer and more individualized relationship with customers and prospects. For instance, the rise of the "bot" technology, which is revolutionizing conversational marketing.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months