the search engine market
The search engines are applications and websites that allow you to search and find web resources from a suite of words offered to the engine. The resources are web pages, PDF/word documents, images and videos. It is necessary to distinguish two types of search engines:
- The locations web whose main activity is the search engine : the website is then a "search engine" (as is the case with Google) controlled by an annexation robot;
- The websites that integrate an internal search engine created by a human who lists and classifies a set of resources considered interesting.
Search engines are only not available only on the Internet This is contrary to popular belief, but also on software installed directly on the computer (the search is combined on PC files and websites): this is the case, for example, for Exalead Desktop, Google Desktop and Copernic Desktop Search.
The main search engines are Google, Bing, Yahoo, Baidu or Yandex. New types of search engines are emerging in France, more innovative and disruptive than their predecessors: this is the case of Ecosia, which is a eco-responsible search engine using the income generated by research to plant trees where they are most needed.
While the French are struggling to get trust in search engines and by the storage of their personal data In the United States, search engine pioneer companies such as Google are diversifying their business, suggesting a potentially mature market.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months