The consumer credit refers to the category of credit provided to individuals by banks and other financial companies to finance the purchase of goods and services such as automobiles and home equipment. This category of credit is in contrast to that of real estate credit, which is only used for the acquisition of real estate. The amounts granted for consumer loans are generally lower and spread over much shorter periods. The sale and the market are supervised by regulatory mechanisms to prevent situations of over-indebtedness.
Consumer credit is therefore a bank loan used to finance the purchase of consumer goods: cars, construction, television, etc. The consumer credit market in France covers outstanding consumer credit for individuals of more than 150 billion euros and is constantly growing. Also, half of French households now hold consumer credit.
The consumer credit market is limited by regulation to organisations with a banking licence, which restricts competition from new entrants. The players in the consumer credit market are committed to a strategy to accelerate their digital transition in order to make the most of their customer data: improved offers, loyalty programs, customer targeting, etc.
The consumer credit market, which has been dominated by banks until now, must cope with the rise of crowdfunding platforms and speed loans from major retailers (Casino - Lydia partnership, for example).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The consumer credit market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages