1.1 Market Definition and Structure
Turnaround funds, also known as turnaround capital funds, are gradually making a place for themselves in the French economic landscape with large-scale takeovers such as Doux and Sephora.
These funds invest in companies in poor health, often burdened by excessive debt or other internal problems. Their mission is then to "turn around" the situation by restructuring the target's activities and providing financial and human resources.
For a long time the market remained relatively confidential. Today there are only about 200 turnaround funds in France, while the number of bankruptcies is close to 50,000 each year.
Large firms have developed restructuring activities (KPMG, EY...) but do not invest directly in companies in difficulty. This role is most often assigned to private equity funds (Bridgepoint for example). The most important in France are Impala, Butler and Arcole Industries.
The regulatory environment remains very restrictive for turnaround funds and favours employees first and foremost. As the economy is in an expansion phase, the number of bankruptcies is decreasing, but there are still many opportunities for the funds thanks to their small number.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The situation funds market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages